Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our First Visitor!!!

We have a winner! Less than two weeks after making it to Florida, we were thrilled to have our first official visitor. We have yet to have someone come stay with us, but Uncle Kirk flew out to attend a conference in town and took us out to dinner. It was so great to see a familiar face! Thank you so much, Uncle Kirk!!! We went to the Olive Garden, and it was so yummy! Gavin fell asleep on our way to the restaurant, and when he woke up, he was ornery.

This is how he looked most of the evening........oh, give me strength. Then Uncle Kirk worked his uncle magic, and Gavin actually stopped screaming and was, well, happy. Not happy enough to smile for a picture, though. It looks like he was too busy figuring out his "shocka!"
Then there was Mace. The picture says it all.

I'm so grateful for both my boys. I'm grateful for all that Gavin has to teach me of patience, long-suffering, and intensity of purpose. He is the greatest kid - I just haven't figured out how to help him channel his energy yet. I know a lot of it just has to do with his stage in life. On the other hand, I'm so thankful for a boy like Mason who makes me feel so validated in all my efforts as a mom. I knew I loved him long before he was born, and he shows me every day that that love is reciprocated.

1 comment:

Allison and Darin said...

I love these cute pics! Your boys are just so handsome. And I agree, Uncle Kirk is the best!