Monday, November 9, 2009

Goodbye Utah

One of the things I'll miss most about Utah is the changing of the seasons. Summers are hot and winters are cold, but by the time I'm sick of one or the other, change is in the air. Fall and Spring go by way too fast, but I love the assurance that, even if they went too quickly, they'll be back again next year. I was thrilled that before we headed out, we got to see the leaves change. It even snowed while we were still there. In fact, it was wet, cold, and slushy just about the whole time we were loading up the truck. I blame myself entirely. Come October, one of the things I wait for with joyful anticipation is the first snow fall of the winter. I don't care if it happens in August, I'll pull out the Osmonds' Christmas album! I'd been lamenting that we'd miss this event to Craig, and I'll admit that it's very possible that I whispered some prayers that I could be there for it just one more time. What do you know, the Lord gave me a tender mercy! (Along with it came a cold, but it was WORTH IT!)
I've grown up in the shadow of this mountain - a simple glance at its majesty always brings feelings of safety and security. My boys and I went to one last Thursday lunch with the fam. We went to Olive Garden! Gavin and Kaylee had fun together.
I can't believe how fast Brenna has grown. I swear, it seems like just a few months ago we were hearing her cry in the night and Nate's comforting voice, "Brenna, SHUT UP!" ha ha
Kaylee's got mad camera skills, she must take after her mom...
The poor waiter that has to take care of all of us when we go out!
Aunt Blenda and Jaron
Aunt Doni, Mom and Mason
Sarah (who's pregnant, but hides it so well. I NEVER would have guessed - she didn't even look sick!) and a very tired Brenna
The Tuesday after General Conference, we were packed and ready to go. But we never would have made it to this point without so many others' help--my mom and dad, brothers, Tay and Sara, Brad and Valarie who came to say goodbye and ended up staying to help for several hours, Angi and Dave, the Drennan/Dicou clan--we couldn't have done it without you!!!
Gavin really didn't have a clear understanding of what was coming, but he was thrilled to ride in the BIG truck!
A family shot - don't I just look lovely? But my boys are so cute, as always.

Gavin will miss his Paba!
Mama Wanne sent Gavin with an entire box of bunny rabbit crackers!
I only wish Sara's belly had been a little bigger by the time we left...I'm so sad to miss her being pregnant.
We don't know if we'll get to see Ash before he leaves on his mission. Hopefully we'll be able to visit before then, but we can't be too certain - it all depends on how the business is doing by then. We'll definitely miss being able to see our family whenever we want, but at the same time, we're excited to be out on our own.
But I will miss my Utah and long for times I can visit HOME.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move! If you're passing through Frisco Texas call me :)

Rich Family said...

We miss you guys too!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Good luck. We will miss ya. Keep up on your blog so we can keep in contact!