Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween

Although Halloween is one of my, hmmm, okay it's my very least favorite holiday, we sure had a great time! It's so much more fun with little kids because they look so stinkin' cute in their costumes. The fun started the weekend before when we went to a party at our friends Geoff and Bonnie's. We played games, ate treats and enjoyed visiting with each other, finding out how small a world it really is. About a thousand connections were made, including the fact that Bonnie actually taught theater in good ol' Morgan! Gavin was an elephant and super cute in spite of the costume issues....more coming on that... Mason was the cutest little giraffe I have ever seen.
Here's a picture of our festive contribution to the snack table. Yeah, you creative people are probably snickering at such shoddy work, but I'm pretty proud of my original creation!
On the Friday before Halloween, we went to two parties. The first was for our apartment complex and we only stayed for a few minutes.
So, about Gavin's costume. I actually bought it last year because I thought it was so cute. I figured since it was size 2-4T, we would be safe. All I can say is that it definitely runs SMALL. Gavin still fit in it, but I don't think he was very comfortable. Here's why:
Let's just say it was a good thing he hadn't been potty trained yet!
Here's our complex director Miritza and her daughter with G. She's awesome! She worked hard and maybe even pulled a few strings to help us get into our apartment, since at the time we were basically unemployed.
Gavin looks so happy to be in his costume...
Of course, Mason really was happy, costume or not!
We took a thousand pictures of the two of them, and these are still the best we got :( Oh well, right?

After our complex party, we headed to our ward one where Gavin found his new friend Liz. She was the cutest little butterfly!
He must've been excited to see her!
Liz's parents Dawn and Chris with...
cute little Paul! He and Mason are 10 days apart in age. They are both the BEST babies!
Mason was very tired.
What a cute little cherub!At the party, Gavin went fishing for a prize
and caught a really cool spider ring!
Then he decorated a bag and went trick or treating to all the classrooms around the church. I'm pretty sure this is when he decided he didn't mind his costume...
He got to choose one to eat that night. I think these mini tootsie pops are a great invention - they're the perfect size and oh so cute!
His spoilsOur ward also had dancing. What a hoot! Everyone, young and older (is that tasteful enough?) participated.
Gavin liked dancing with mommy!
He even got a dance in with Liz!

We had a great holiday. We didn't even have to take Gavin out the next day. I'm afraid next year he'll be too smart to let us pull that stunt again... Instead we ate a festive meal of mummy pizza, corn on the cob, mini caramel apples and wassail at home with Geoff and Bonnie. Can I just add too that it's sooooooooooooooo nice to have my own kitchen again. I've been cooking and baking up a storm! And I love it!!!

5 comments:

Rich Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! The boys looked so cute! I loved the picture with Gavin's Costume misfortune. That is too funny! We miss you guys. I don't know what you are talking about, you are creative. And your Halloween feast sounds so yummy and fun.

Zack and Sky said...

Sharelle!! Your family is sooooo cute! And you are still as gorgeous as ever. :)

Kyle and Reesie said...

Fun Halloween costumes! They look absolutely darling. (Don't you hate the sizing for little kids? You think you are covered when they give you a range like 2-4 years...So frustrating. It was still way cute though). I am glad you guys had some fun activities and things to go to.

Heather said...

This is Heather and Spence. Your kids looked so cute. We won't tell you that we let Kian eat about 39 pieces of candy that night. I guess that's the difference between being the first and the fifth child. I think we made Coulson eat broccoli on his first Halloween. :)

Alora said...

Hey Relle! Your blog is SO cute! I love keeping up with you guys even though you're so far away! When did Bonnie teach at Morgan? My senior year we had a Bonnie Hunt as the drama teacher, and I was wondering if it was her. Love you all! Tell Gavin hi from "Yowa!" I miss playing with him!