Wednesday, November 4, 2009

August Rush

For us, August is a busy month. Half of our special days so far occur in August. First is Gavin's birthday on the 10th. I can't believe another year came and went so FAST! He is such a fun guy, very smart and very BUSY. He definitely keeps me on my toes! This year, he was much more into the presents thing. He got an awesome John Deere truck, tractor and trailor from Grandma Valarie and Grandpa Brad.


On his actual birthday, we went to the Splash Pad in Ogden with Aunt Chelsea, Avery, Uncle Dave, Aunt Angi and Brighton. He had a really great time. On the way home, we were passing an Arctic Circle so I decided I'd spoil him and get him a cone (and of course I couldn't pass up getting myself one as well since they're so cheap; plus, the flavor of the day was blackberry...need I say more?). Well, I discovered that Gavin is allergic to ice cream - he broke out in hives. They weren't too severe, though, they seemed to have cleared up by the time his nap was over.
Then we just did presents at home with my brothers and parents. I didn't get any after shots, but these bags held a tool belt with tools (like paba) and a few church books to help him be reverent (wishful thinking on my part).
His big gift was his bike. The official name is a TOUGH trike...appropriate.
My parents gave him a stylin' new outfit complete with bomber jacket and new shoes! You can barely see it in the background...
Daddy showed him how it all worked.

Then he discovered the compartment under the seat/his own private junk drawer.
I think he liked it!
Mace was a happy camper in his bouncer.
He loved watching Gavin open his presents. He'd get all excited and his little hands would quiver with anticipation!
Then my sweetie turned 26 on the 17th! I surprised him by taking him to dinner at a yummy BBQ place, then we came home for CHOCOLATE cake and ice cream!
How'd I score such a HOTTIE?!
Our anniversary was on the 23rd. It's been a full three years!!! Who knew that life could be so great? I'm so grateful for Craig. He's such a good man. He takes such good care of us and makes it possible for me to be a stay-at-home mom. I've ALWAYS wanted that; now I can live the dream! We actually celebrated the day by going to the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication. We were down at Brad and Valarie's and they watched our boys so we could go. It was a great meeting and a great visit down south (as always).

1 comment:

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Your boys are all getting so big! And very cute.