Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanksgiving!!!

Oh, this is terrible! I'm so far behind in my posts, but here I go to try to get this back up to date... Thanksgiving (you know the holiday that happened like two MONTHS ago), was awesome! We went down to Craig's mom's the night before the big meal and spent the night there. Most of Craig's siblings (even Heather and Spencer who were down from WA) were there and we loved spending time with everyone - the games were classic! Alan's Michael Jackson impersonation will forever be imbedded in my memory...too bad I'm not the kind of on the ball person who has their camera on hand for moments like those! And as far as the meal went, it was the best I've ever had! I probably say that every year, but it's always true. Thank you Valarie for hosting all of us, and feeding us so well! My meager contribution, but I was quite proud of it! Yummy banana parfait (thanks to mom for the dish and Grandma JoAnn for the recipe) that always seems to taste that much better because it looks so pretty!
The Cool Whip container is not mine--I used real whipped cream :)

Since there were so many cousins staying there already, Gavin didn't have an official "bed," but he slept really well on one we made him on the floor and even went down for a nap on just a regular bed. I'm still feeling a little proud about that one! What a good boy!

Gavin and cousin Kian in the tub. They were so cute!

2 comments:

The Madsen's said...

I love it! Everything, seriously. I love that you used real whipping cream and not the cool whip on the counter, and i loved gavin sleeping on the floor. That's great!

Valarie said...

Thank you so much for coming and making the holiday so special for us. Family is what it's all about. Your bananna dessert was the hit of the day. I don't think there was even a drop left!