Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Recitals

If my calculations are correct, I've made it through my 15th December Recital Season! Wow! I'm getting older way faster than I used to! And I believe this is my 8th Season having students of my own play in a recital. Overall, I thought each recital went well. I was proud of all the personal victories that took place--for my students, myself, Ashton, and especially my mom. She played Grieg's Concerto and did AWESOME, even after all her hours of volunteer work at home and in the community. Way to go Mom! I keep forgetting that blogger uploads my pictures in the exact opposite order I want them in, so this is actually the last of the recitals - our students' Senior recital. Sorry so dark...

And the Junior Recital - they're all so cute!

My big smile and shiny face (resulting from the major heat flash I experienced through the entirety of my piece - gotta love pregnancy hormones) after my recital was over with one of my biggest (and probably most biased) supporters, Grandma JoAnn. I played the final movement of Tchiakovsky's Concerto in Bb minor. I've now performed, in different recitals, all eighty-something pages of that piece. Maybe someday (in the far distant future) I'll do the three movements all at once!

Me and my Sweetie! He's soooooooo darn cute! And always so supportive - thank you, Craig!

All of us in the "Marrieds" recital with our amazing teacher (and psychiatrist) Madalyn at the far left. It's kind of a funny picture of everyone else, but it was my best, and, what can I say? I'm vain... :)

1 comment:

Valarie said...

I've never seen you not at your best! Does that even exist??

Thanks for sharing and getting "caught up" on your posts! I love it!!!!