Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I LOVE Christmas

This year's Christmas was the best ever! And what's so exciting is that I'm sure they'll just keep getting more and more fun as Gavin gets bigger. There's something so special about putting up the tree and singing Christmas carols and decorating the house. It all adds to the special spirit that is already the reason for the season in the first place. Thank you Mom for most of our decorations, it's so nice when you decide to get rid of some of yours, they turned out really cute. And what's great about not having that many is that they don't take very long to put up or take down!
We did have all our stockings, and I can't believe that there are already four of us (well, almost)!
This is Gavin's decoration arranging job. He did pretty good about not touching most things, but he always wanted to move baby Jesus around from our big nativity. So I usually just ended putting him up out of reach during the day. Gavin must've thought the manger looked a little empty though because, as you can see, Mary, the Shepherd, a Wise Man, and one sheep (from the unbreakable Nativity that Gavin can play with) all ended up nice and cozy in there!

And my favorite Christmas addition of all...our tree! I love it so much! Thanks again, Grandma JoAnn (not that she'll ever read this) for this gift. We love it! It's just so beautiful!

We had Christmas morning at our house, and it was so cute to see how Gavin reacted to "Ta-ta's" delivery. As soon as he saw his tent he plopped down on his knees and crawled right on in to get to his other toys! And, terrible as it is, this is the only picture of Craig I took on Christmas day. I've got to get better at remembering to get more shots!

Gavin loves his dino. I think it makes him feel big.

This is probably my favorite picture of the morning. And yes, the books got his biggest grin!

After we finished up at our house, we headed up to my parents to hang out for the rest of the day. It wasn't even snowing on our side of the mountain, but we drove up to a blizzard. There was tons of snow, we couldn't make it up 1/4 of Highland Dr. My dad came to rescue us in his 4 wheel drive vehicle (notice his appropriate attire), but it still took us at least a half hour just to get our car over to the church parking lot and into a parking space! We ended up staying the night because the roads were so bad.

Tanner decided to make it an annual tradition to jump in the snow in nothing but his undies! No one else had any desire to join him, go figure!

The day after Christmas we went to Brad and Valarie's to spend some time with them. It was wonderful as always! So relaxing. And Gavin sure liked Grandma's toys.

Oops, I didn't rotate this...Gavin loves his Grandpa's, and it's no wonder when they spoil him so much!










5 comments:

Steph said...

Sharelle! I'm so glad you found me! Your fam is so stinkin' cute, congrats on the almost new addition! That is so exciting!! I don't know why but sometimes I get these feelings like I want to have another one and then I'm like what?! You're crazy girl! It's a weird/funny thing to want another baby with a 2 month old :) I'm so excited for you guys though and excited to keep up with you guys on your blog, yay!

Rich Family said...

Yeah a new post. I love the picture on your header. The holidays are so fun! You had some fun pictures.

Valarie said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas Day with us! The pictures and posts are so cute. What a great family! Thanks, too, for coming and staying with us. We LOVE your visits!

Nate and Sarah said...

I love the picture of Gavin on the horse! I bet he was so fun this year. That is so cute how he put those little toys in the manger! I love that little guy!

The Bitter Family said...

That is the cutest expression of him enjoying his books. I love to watch these little ones and their unique personalities! Gavin is so darling! I also loved the suitcases at the end of your Cancun trip too! That really WAS funny! Love you all.