Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cancun!!!

Craig and I finally took our first official vacation! We found a great excuse to spoil ourselves - a good deal. We got to stay at an all-inclusive beachfront resort; I loved it! Mostly we just loafed around all day in the sun, sipping pina coladas and getting tan (I mean burned), but we did plan one excursion to Tulum - one of the ancient Mayan ruins. It's one of the only cities they've found that is right on the coast, and it was beautiful! Our tour was organized through our resort, so we didn't have any choice about who our tour guide would be (not that we had any connections anyway), but we definitely felt blessed when our guide ended up being a Latter-Day Saint. The things she chose to share were definitely more of the things that we had interest in. This is the temple. The people used to gather twice a year to worship "the descending God" who had once come down from heaven and taught them, and also to receive instruction.

My Sweetie on the coast behind the city ruins

Different person, same shot :)

On the bus back to the resort with our shopping spoils - a cute little T-shirt for Gavin. We didn't realize until later that the shirt we bought him which said "Tulum" actually has a picture of the pyramid at Chicha Nitza! Ha ha, joke's on us!

I couldn't resist posting this picture because I get a kick out of it. Our suitcases by the end of the trip - mine's on the right, and Craig's is on the left! Ha ha, it makes me laugh so hard!

3 comments:

The Madsen's said...

Oh man, that is funny. Typical guy huh? It looks like you guys had have fun and it was well deserved for sure! I miss you tons!

Valarie said...

I'm so glad you to go on that mini honeymoon. What a beautiful place!

Nate and Sarah said...

Hahaha that's about how ours look too! Nate by the end just stuffs everything in with no system at all. That looks like so much fun! By the way, my email is sjbringhurst@yahoo.com!