Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another Boy!

So we went in on Monday for our ultrasound to find out the baby's gender and check measurements, and although I was almost positive it would be a girl, it is a BOY! We are so excited for Gavin to have a little brother that's so close in age - they will only be 20 months apart. I know they will be buddies. Like I said, I've been thinking it's a girl all along, but as soon as this ultrasound was actually scheduled I started having all sorts of funny, bizarre pregnancy dreams that it would be a boy, so I really wasn't totally surprised when she confirmed the wacky dreams. Here I am before leaving to drop Gavin off at Aunt Chelsea's (thank you so much, Chelsea, for watching him, I'm positive he wouldn't have appreciated being there :), then it was on to the hospital. This is my halfway-through-being-pregnant belly, and I think it's smaller than it was at this point with Gavin.
His little profile. I love profile ultrasound shots! Gavin's looked very similar to this with his matching button nose and cute little lips! I can't wait to see what he looks like.

The little guy had his arms up next to his face with his hands clasped like he was praying. So cute! He's measuring right on schedule and all his organs look healthy! Even though we've already been through this, it's still such a miracle. I'm so grateful to be a mom!

7 comments:

Chatzy said...

How exciting to have another boy! You will love having two boys so close together 'cause then they really can be the best of friends! I am excited you have a blog! IT will be fun to keep tabs on you!

The Bitter Family said...

Sharelle, How exciting. Congratulations. We are so excited for you. It really never gets old; and like you said, each one is such an amazing miracle!

The Sayamas said...

Hey! I just found your blog through the Thackerays! That's awesome that you are expectiong another boy! Congratulations! They will have the about the same distance in age as my two boys. I LOVE having two boys close together! Gavin is such a handsome little guy, I haven't seen him since he was just a few months old! It was fun finding you and seeing what you and your cute family have been up to!

Matt and Jade said...

Congrats on your new addition. We miss you in Married Housing. I hope life is treating you good. check us out sometime.

Unknown said...

Sharelle! I'm so proud of you that you got a blog going. Congrats on your soon-to-be new addition!

Kyle, Jess, and Max said...

Sharelle! I am so happy you found me! I have been thinking about you a lot! I can't believe that you are pregnant again! But I am SO excited for you! I am super excited to be able to stay in touch even if through blogging! Yeah!

Nate and Sarah said...

I love him already! I'm so happy for you guys! I am so jealous of your cute little belly...big ones do so much more permanent damage.