Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I've been crying all afternoon...

...ever since the UPS man dropped off this box...... and I opened it and found this...
...Christmas packages for my boys and me, a card for Craig and I, cute little shorts and hat for Mason to grow into, Christmas ornaments with a note that says "It won't hurt if the boys break these. They were cheapies!", cute decorative little Santas, a Christmas dish towel, a darling snowman and bear on sleigh decoration, a jar of Craig's favorite homemade blackberry syrup, and a container full of homemade chocolates.


I can't find the words to express what I feel. This is one of the most thoughtful packages I've ever received. Packaged by one of the sweetest people I know. She's been there for me, supported me and loved me (and my family) when I needed her most. She is kind, thoughtful and unassuming. She's come through the ups and downs of life smiling, not bitter. She loves her family. She's raised seven wonderful children. I married one of them.


Valarie, thank you for everything! I could not ask for a better mother-in-law. I hope you don't mind me posting about you, but I don't know if I'd be able to express my deep gratitude any better than in writing. You are, without a doubt, the BEST! And you are so loved!

2 comments:

Reed & Melinda Family said...

That is so awesome! Now that is the Christmas Spirit.

Mar~ said...

Isn't Valarie wonderful?!
Love her!