Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Spirit

Everyone's been saying how much fun this Christmas will be with Gavin because he'll be excited about what's going on and the presents and Santa...I realized I hadn't been prepping him very well because, aside from the fact that the Christmas tree is up and he pulls all the ornaments (that he says are "so cute") off, he's been oblivious to anything else. So I talked to him about Santa and how, if he's really good, he'll get presents on Christmas day. He knows what presents are, and he was more than excited about that. So I asked him what he wanted Santa to bring him. He said, "Presents!!!" Hmmm...

"But G, what do you want to be in the presents?"

"Uh...Choo Choo Trains!"

"And what else?"

Pause.

Then excitedly, "A present for Macy-Man!!!"

Without any coaching from me, he'd captured the true spirit of Christmas.

7 comments:

Chatzy said...

I would LOVE to do dinner, can we do it at my house?

Genevieve said...

that is so sweet :)

Megan said...

oh how sweet! I love moments like that. You have some sweet boys.

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

so cute!

The Sayamas said...

That's so sweet! It's so funny how the minds of children work! You little boys are so cute, I love the Santa pictures! It looks like you got a whitie and a dark one just like us!

Todd & Meggen said...

Hi Sharelle! I am putting together my Christmas cards and I was wondering if you would mind emailing me your address? My email is meggen_s@hotmail.com Thanks!

Todd & Meggen said...

Actually I was just looking at Dallin and Megan's blog and I found it so no need to email. Thanks! Your boys are adorable! We miss you guys!!