Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Double Hunter"


Gavin is such a funny boy. He is SO smart, too! Lately he just amazes us with some of the things he says like, "Don't you dare do dat, Bwanky (he LOVES his blanky, even enough to discipline it when it mis-behaves :). Or you will go to time-out!" and, after my mom promises to bring him all sorts of goodies when she comes, "Gwamma Pam will bring me some ea-ter eggs and some goldfissies and..." if she said it, he remembers it and he'll hold her to it!


Because he is so good at enunciating each word he says, and because, even when he finds a word he can't quite get right, I've mastered Gavin language after hours and hours of study and dedication, there's hardly a time when we can't figure out what he's talking about. About a month ago, however, he was running around jabbering on and on about "Double Hunter." Huh?
Me: "Hey Gavs, what is "double hunter"?
G: "No, DOUBLE hunter!"
Me: "Ok, what is DOUBLE hunter?"
I couldn't get an explanation out of him more than repeating over and over what I was saying (which he didn't think I was getting quite right). Hmm... So I finally gave up. Until the next time it came up. I asked him again what it was, and he answered the same way. I thought, maybe Aiden (one of his nursery friends) told him something about some character Double Hunter. Maybe its a new cartoon or something? I must be way out of the loop!

This went on and on, off and on, until an evening about a week ago when, after Gavin had again been running around chanting "double hunter, double hunter, double hunter...." all day I decided to ask Craig if he knew where Gavs had picked it up.
Me: "Do you know what 'double hunter' is?
Craig: "No, what is it?"
Me: "I have NO idea. Gavs came home from nursery one day chanting it and jabbering about it."
Craig: "From nursery? Hmmm..." Deep in thought... then, "Could it be Howard W. Hunter?"
My Sweetie is SO smart!!! He solved the "Double Hunter" mystery! It still cracks us up that, after some nursery lesson about President Hunter, all he came away with was "double hunter"! So funny. We love our silly boy!

We love our little Macy-Man too! He is such a little munchkin! Its been so fun seeing him figure out new things. He's quite the little walker these days! He started a couple weeks ago to take some tentative steps here and there in between furniture or walls. Now, he cruises across the room, no prob! Crazy!
I can't believe how fast my little boys are growing. The time really just flies!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Your little boys are SO darling!

The Madsen's said...

I love it! I love your little boys. Gavin and Jayden would do so great together I have no doubt. Mason is so handsome! Those blue eyes and blond hair! Amazing! I miss you Sharelle. Love you lots.

Rich Family said...

Gavin is so smart. I can't believe how big Mason is! He grew up so fast. I can't believe how blond he is. We miss you guys! Glad everything is going well.

Genevieve said...

that is too cute! i love what kids say. your boys are just too cute!!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

that is so funny and so cute! my boys call scriptures, crispers!

The Sayamas said...

They are so cute and getting so big! I can't believe how light Mason is!

Walden Family said...

Hey Sharelle and Craig! Just saw your blog through someone elses, and thought I would see the family and say hello....Hello! This is Todd and Tanya Walden.

Allison and Darin said...

That is the best story I've read!! How cute is Gavin remembering that too! I would have been stumped forever I think! And oh my word, that BLONDE HAIR on little Mason is so adorable!!! I hope I get a little blonde baby someday. :) I loved reading your blog! Thanks!