Monday, April 5, 2010

Dichotomous Ramblings

I'm such a bad blogger. It's kind of like exercising for me. Sometimes I'm WAY good at it. Driven, motivated, committed. But after I've been going for a couple months (or weeks) I burnout. The sad thing is that the burnout lasts MUCH longer than the commitment. I'm still committed to the idea, but, especially when I'm overwhelmed, the action just isn't in the equation. I've got to do better. In my mind I can picture exactly what I want my blog to be, but I don't have the time, the creativity, or the know-how to get it there. So the perfectionist in me becomes an enemy to doing anything with it. I really want to push past this and at least post an occasional picture or story for the grandmas and grandpas and all our family that are so far away.

Florida is beautiful. I can honestly say that I LOVE it here. It's been so good for us to have the automony, the independence and the experiences we've had since our move. Craig and I have made mutual friends, rather than our "his" and "hers" friends from before we were married (not that we don't love all of you still :), we've had to intesify our communication efforts and abilities to make things work, and we've had plenty of nucleus-family time during which to get to know one another and each of our boys better and to establish good family habits and traditions of our own. At the same time, there are moments when I miss our families, reunions, impromptu Sunday visits, the mountains, made-to-order fry sauce, weekly piano lessons, and hangin' out with my mom with nothing to do so much I'm almost paralyzed. This last weekend was really rough for me. I don't know if it was because of the holiday or General Conference or a combination of the two, but I was a wreck. A special thanks to Geoff and Bonnie for having us to dinner and pulling me out of a rut. And an even special-er thanks to my sweetheart for putting up with me and loving me through my prickles.

Our ward ROCKS!!! We have been embraced and loved by so many. We've also been put to work! Craig is the ward clerk and I just was called as Young Women's president, so we are definitely keeping busy. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed and like I'm not doing all that needs to be done, but it has been such a lesson on truly relying on the Lord to make up the difference between the needs and demands of a calling and my best efforts. I realize how seldom in my life I've had to do that. Not that I shouldn't have been doing it all along, but it wasn't a necessity (motherhood excluded) because I could 'get by' on my own. Now there is no keeping my head above water without help, and I'm grateful that the Lord cares enough about me to compel me to learn this lesson at this point in life rather than years down the road. He is so patient and kind, easy to be entreated and full of love.

Anyway, enough of the random. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! When we truly have an understanding of what it's all about we can't help but be grateful for a loving Savior and Father in Heaven that not only want us back, but provided a way for us to get there--back home.

5 comments:

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

Oh my gosh i love your long hair!! you look beautiful in your family pic along with your handsome boys!! I'm glad to hear you are liking Fl.

The Madsen's said...

I miss you so much! Man oh man, I can't believe it! And I can't believe that you are in Florida! I'm so glad that you like it and that this are going well. I know how it feels to be away from family. It's not very fun at times and so nice at other times! I love ya tons!

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful! I didn't know you guys moved to Florida! What are you guys doing there? I bet it is a hard adjustment, but that's wonderful you guys have a great ward and are loving it. I hope all is well! Your family picture is so dang cute! I love it! :0) Nicole

Tanya said...

He Sharelle, of course I remember you! So good to hear from you and I love your blog. You are an insightful writer and the girls in your ward are lucky to have such a great role model as you. Love ya!

Valarie said...

Great picture! How about an 8X10 for me???? And the boys' pictures?

Your ward loves you. They are so thrilled you are there. We were really impressed with how they have embraced you, and since we can't be there, we're grateful they are. The Geoff and Bonnies, Pokipaulas, all of them are extensions of family. Thank them for me. Thanks for blogging again and catching us up. It helps to keep connected. Love you guys.