Monday, March 16, 2009

Update

So I'm too lazy to upload any pictures to this post, but I think I'm due for an update, so here it goes...I made it to 36 weeks!!! Almost done. All I can say is that this pregnancy has been 1000% better (at least emotionally) than the last one. Not that I haven't had my melt-downs, but I have been a lot less angry about everything. Actually, I mostly have felt happy! Amazing. I'm hoping that I won't have to wait all four weeks before this little guy decides to show up, but I at least have to make it 'til the 23rd. My parents are in Hong Kong picking up Grandma T from her mission until then. Not that it wouldn't work out if he came this week, but I'd prefer he wait, so that things can go how I've worked them out in my mind - since my mom is supposed to come and be labor support for Craig and me. In other words, I'll have two people (Mom and Craig) doing whatever I ask them to do while I'm bent over in pain. :) I really feel like it will all go really well, and my midwife says that the labor and delivery for a second compared to a first baby is not only shorter, but also much less work. I have high hopes.

Lately, Gavin is keeping as busy as ever. He learned how to open and close doors this last week, and I've had to start locking the NO-zone areas to keep him out, otherwise I spend the whole day chasing him around to make sure he's not into anything he's not supposed to be, like the toilet or the garbage. If only I could figure out the reason he loves those places so much; I bet it has to do with the fact that he knows its against the rules to be in them. My favorite thing that he says is "high, Dadda" when he wants Craig to throw him up in the air. It is so cute! The second Craig gets home, Gavin says "high" and "go" as soon as Craig is holding him. In fact, he talks about it all day and just can't wait til Daddy gets home to play with him. Gavin's also pretty into himself (we have no idea where he got that from...:). He loves his reflection - in the mirror, the tv, the oven, any reflective surface - and says "hi" and jabbers and laughs and says "ba-bye" as he is walking away. What a funny little guy. We took him to the park on Saturday and he loved it. He went crazy with the sand, picking it up and throwing it back down. It kept him busy for at least 15 minutes (which is equivalent to days for him). We think he just couldn't get over how awesome it was that he wasn't getting in trouble for touching the dirt (last summer he always tried to grab the dirt out of the flower pots and we'd have to constantly be on the look-out). He only stopped when he got mad at us that his hands were cold! Silly boy.

No real complaints here. We are having a great time and so happy that it's getting warmer outside! We're on the count-down for the baby, Craig to be finished with school, and to hopefully get into a house or someplace of our own, but we know that we're being blessed in every way. Thanks to everyone who has hung out with us lately (Westin and Chelsea, Sarah and Nate) and kept us from being totally anti-social. We really need to plan fun things more often, we just get lazy :) Have a good one!

3 comments:

Valarie said...

Thanks for catching us up on the news. That's so cute of Gavin wanting his daddy to throw him in the air. I seem to remember someone else being like that, too! Hope all goes well with the new baby. It won't be long!

Caldwell's said...

36 weeks is always a great milestone to get to. You're getting close. How exciting for you guys. Little Gavin is such a cutie. Best of Luck with the delivery.

The Madsen's said...

I wanna see more pictures! Your almost there! I hope I can see you sometime soon. Love ya lots!