Thursday, March 26, 2009

Picture Purge

It's been so long since I've posted pictures, so I decided that I would just do them all at once. So, beware, there are a LOT of pictures - and this will probably become a long post!
The first part of February, Gavin had what I figured out was Fifth's disease and it wiped him out. I thought it was another ear infection, but his fever only lasted about a day, then he got the rosy cheeks followed by the rash. His skin is just now getting back to normal. It's so sad when he doesn't feel good! And here are our Valentines Day pics... none of me and my Valentine. I was NOT feeling good. We stayed the night before down at Brad and Valarie's, which was a blast as always. They just spoil us when we're down there. I was starting to feel a little yucky in the morning, but by the time we got home that night I felt horrible. Plus, I had one of my unexplainable pregnancy melt-downs. Poor Craig, not much of a romantic evening...


Gavin loves his little chair we bought him at Ikea. He pushes it all around the kitchen and uses it for a stepping stool to get up to where he wants to be.
I love letting him feed himself as well. We can all eat at once now!
A couple Fridays ago, cousin Avery got to come and spend the day with us. It was so much fun to have her - she was so good and so cute! Gavin turned into quite the character, though. I'm sure we'll have a fun time helping him transition into having a brother... He kept taking Avery's binky from her, so I ended up pulling out one of the ones he NEVER liked before so he could have his own.
It was so funny because he didn't even suck on it, he just held it awkwardly in his mouth.
And of course he wanted Avery's lunch more than his own.
They were so cute together! And I love the food stuffed in Avery's mouth in this one...
My little cheeser :)
This is what Craig and I found one night when we went to check on Gavin before we went to bed. What a funny guy!
And here are a few things Gavin's been up to...
Opening and closing doors,
helping mom ALL DAY vaccuum the floor,
(he'll get it out of the closet and everything)
and dipping his food in just about anything - he just loves the idea of dipping. He's eating asparagus here which he loves because he gets to dip it in mayo.
And here's a little something of what Craig's been up to. He used a paper clip to form this little gadget that holds the water button down so we don't have to stand there while our water fills up. You may be thinking, "Wow! Are they impatient or what?" but really, although we probably both fall under the category of impatience, you've got to cut us some slack here. It takes more than NINETY seconds for our fridge to fill up a glass of water!!! We're hoping that replacing the filter will speed things up, but c'mon people! That is way too long to wait for a glass of water!!! Especially when you consider that I'm supposed to drink half my WEIGHT in ounces per day!
Praises be sung to my innovative husband!
And these last few are from this past Sunday. I love Sundays! Not only does Craig get to stay home with us, but he doesn't have to do any homework. He spoils me. After church, he made me pancakes and eggs for lunch, did about a thousand dishes, cleaned the griddle and the grill, and watched Gavin while I took a long, lazy nap. Days like this make me even more excited that he'll be graduating in May and have one less thing to worry about and occupy his time.
I think these pics are so cute of my little cheesy face. I love that he actually smiles when we prompt him to nowadays.
Just ignore the poor camera skills... what an adorable face!
And we went on a walk. Gavin was much more interested in pushing the stroller than in riding in it. (And sorry Nat, this is the only recent picture I have of my belly. I'll try to get some better ones soon)
At first he tried to reach up where mom and dad push the stroller, but it was too high and he kept getting mad so we told him that he had his very own push place down below and that seemed to satisfy him.
I just love G-man's face here, although I couldn't tell you what he's doing...
Pushing from the side was also a hit.
My two boys... they are just so darn cute!

5 comments:

Valarie said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the update. We can't wait for that little one's arrival. It won't be long now. . .Good luck!

Rich Family said...

Oh cute pictures. I just love Gavin, he is so fun. Thanks for watching Avery that day, those pictures and stories are great! I loved this post. Can't wait to meet the newest Rich! Let me know if you need anything.

The Madsen's said...

I love the cheesy pictures! Jayden does the same thing. I only have to get my camerea out and he'll be cheesin it for the next 5 minutes. Your forgiven but I want to see more pictures before your little guy comes. It's getting so close. We will be in town the weekend of April 17th so if you're up to it, I would love to come see you and your new little baby. Love ya lots!

Caldwell's said...

The little Cheeser picture is absolutely priceless. It's fun to see what your family is up to. Maybe we'll see you in Vernal at the end of June.

Nate and Sarah said...

SOOOO cute! I am laughing so hard at the water thing. Good job Craig! You are so innovative! I just loved all the pictures of Gav-man. I love that he helps you vacuum. His cheesy smile is enough to melt my heart!

By the way, sorry about last Sunday. I hope everything went okay for you. I was seriously beat after the crazy week and then working. Thanks for picking up the slack...I will be more than glad to do the same when you have that baby! :)

Love you guys!