Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'll Always Be My Daddy's Girl, Even Though I've Already Made Him a Grandpa!




Today is my dad's 49th birthday! I still don't believe he's turning 49, but that's what both Mom and Dad told me so I guess it must be true. It is hard to keep track, though, seeing how he's looked the same way for the past 5 years. I swear he hasn't aged. On the other hand, a lot has happened to help mature me in the last few years, and I'm finally beginning to truly realize just how blessed I am to have the parents I do. I blame it on the hormones, but yesterday this song on the radio had me in tears pulling into Smith's parking lot. I'm choked up now just thinking about it. Today I dedicate it to my dad who never HAD to be as great as he always was and still is, but who did it anyway. I pray that I can carry his legacy on as I try to be a Christlike parent with my children. Thank you, Dad, from the very bottom of my heart! I love you tons!




1 comment:

The Bitter Family said...

Sharelle, What a sweet tribute to your dad, and I agree with what a great guy he is; constant and devoted to his family and the Lord. And I agree that he looks so young! It's so fun to keep connected through the blogs. We love you guys. Merry Christmas! See you at the party at Aunt Blenda's on Friday!