Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So I know I should be posting about our Christmas and New Year's and all that's been going on, and I will, but... it's so overwhelming!!! We had a wonderful holiday season, one we will always remember and treasure. We are so grateful for the families in our ward who have taken us in. They have just been amazing!!! More to come on this, I promise :)

But to initiate my catch-up posts, I'll start by sharing one of my new hobbies. Taking after my mom, I've always enjoyed the triumph of making a "bargain" buy (which means I married into the right family too since my mom-in-law is right on board). There are few things that beat paying $2, for example, for something that normally would cost $20. Craig doesn't quite understand why this gives me such a high, but since I don't make any of the money being a stay at home mom, saving money by getting deals and being smart makes me feel like I'm contributing in the financial realm of our family living.

So, we have some big 'coupon'ers out here who have been great at showing me the ropes. I'm still learning, but I've already made a few purchases that make me proud. For example, I paid 7 1/2 dollars for everything pictured below: 8 boxes of cereal and 4 8-packs of juice boxes! All these products cost me a total of $7! Both packs of soap were free when all was said and done. It's really quite amazing. I mean, I shopped the deals back in Utah, but I never combined the deals with coupons, and they make much more of a difference than I ever imagined.
So there you have it! I'm converted. I'll hopefully get better and better at finding the deals! There are some great websites out there that lay them out nice and easy. Check them out if you want, I thing they're great -

iheartpublix.com (probably only good for those living in the Southeast)

iheartsavingmoney.com



7 comments:

Cass said...

I am a huge couponer. I loooove it!!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Wow that is so good. I never could get the hang of the coupons. Your pic on the top of your blog is really cute!

The Bitter Family said...

Sharelle, I'm so proud of you! What a good wife and mom, and a good coupon girl too? Wow! We miss you and your cute family, so much! I'm glad you have good people surrounding you. Gavin and Mason are so cute, both unique and special - Mason looks so much like your mom when she was a baby! We love you guys!

Michelle said...

I am the same way! It is a thrill isn't it?! Too bad Albertson's was bought out...now all the amazing deals are pretty much gone. :(

KofoedFamily said...

That is amazing! I also like southernsavers.com.

Valarie said...

Way to go, Girl! You did awesome!

Nate and Sarah said...

Ok, I do the coupon thing and save about $200 a month in groceries...and I must agree with you that the SAVINGS are addicting! I go home with an evil laugh the whole way home like I've really out-smarted the world. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I actually do grocerysmarts.com...I love my new system. Yay for savings!